Cerakote is a ceramic coating applied to parts
CLEAN YOUR PARTS BEFORE YOU SHIP! Its easy to save your self some money by sending clean parts. Soap and water to save your self $25 minimum cleaning fee! If you send two or more parts – dirty calipers, cases, master cylinders etc… you will be charged additional costs! Must be grease and oil free! Please don’t make us wash your parts. Scrub them good! Save time and money on your turnaround time! Don’t pay for something you can do! Thank you!
Media blasting of the parts is included into the cost. Its better to let us do the blasting to keep oil and contaminants from damaging the parts. We use a specific media that keeps a nice finish. The most common media’s sold are to coarse. The finish will lack the desired look if you use the incorrect process for this application.
- $200 – pair of hubs – $20 fee for bearing and seal removal/installation if needed
- $100 – engine case halves each – $25 fee bearing seal removal/installation if needed
- $100 – pair of triple clamps
- $60 – 4 stroke heads
- $55 – clutch/ignition cover, 2 stroke & 4 stroke cylinders (outer covers wear from boots like any coating)
- $50 – Valve Cover
- $45 – calipers, front master cylinder, rear brake hanger, water pump cover ($10 charge for disassembly of calipers & M/C’s)
- $40 brake/ clutch levers, power valve covers
- $40 – rear master cylinder (must have sight glass delete mod $50, or sight glass replacement $35), front brake hanger, 2 stroke heads
- $25 cleaning fee if parts come dirty. Clean all oils and dirt with soapy water – see above!
any misc parts are a $40 minimum due to prep and materials.
Cerakote is not a permanent coating. Our environment in this sport is extremely abrasive. Some parts on bikes wear more than others due to the design of the bike and where our boots and roost hits. Wear can differ from one person to the next, and from track to track. Absolutely no coating is permanent. Even our anodized aftermarket accessories wear over time. Cerakote is a good affordable cosmetic coating that works great for most applications. There is no guarantee the life you may have out of your parts. Cerakote is sprayed .0005-.001 thin. That is half to one thousandth. It is not heavy and bulky like powder coating is. However there is good data provided by Cerakote in the durability of their product. Read more here on the durability of Cerakote.